Saturday, August 23, 2008

Engaged.


I have finally engaged Kate. Although the possibility of disengaging is there, I don't think it will happen. Kate is rather smitten with being my b-iance (she prefers this to fiance), which makes me her Jay-Z. I guess this is fitting because we did get engaged in the V to the iz A. No word yet on the details of the wedding, but that information will be hammered out in the next few weeks. I do know that I love her.

The ring belonged to her great, great grandmother and was her engagement ring more than 120 years ago (circa 1880). It is beautiful and different from any engagement ring I have ever seen, and I love it. I think she loves it too and it looks really, really good on her hand. So, a lot of great stuff to be excited about. And plenty to keep us busy over the weeks and months to come.

Ciao Chau,
Branch

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
The experiences you have shared up to this point will only get better! Although we have never met Kate, I am sure you are the fortunate one in this pairing, Mike. Just kidding! Best of luck in the planning of the nuptials event and with your newest European adventure.
Thanks for letting us "tag" along on your journeys through South American and now Bulgaria!

PJ, Cath and Ronan Foley

Anonymous said...

Congratulazioni!!
Non riesco ancora a credere che ti sei fadanzato, Kate dev'essere proprio una persona speciale per aver convinto uno scapolo d'oro come te...
Quando venite a trovarmi in Italia??
Sai che siete sempre i benvenuti!
Un bacio grande,

Michela

Annie said...

that might be the most beautiful ring i've ever seen and one of the sweetest posts.

i'm really happy for you two.

Heather Duffy-Stone said...

I'm giddy about all of it. The ring, the blog, the adventures, the kate and branch. i love you guys. Are you there yet? write something! xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike for including me, as well. I can hear the happiness in your words...how lovely :) Happy is a good thing!! I am excited about all your future adventures, and will enjoy "tagging" along, too.
Ciao,
Karen

Lisa said...

The ring is amazing! Wow, mikey, you did a great job. How's it going so far. Mom said that the communication is a bit difficult so far!

Vickie said...

John and I send our very best wishes for the engagement, your adventures in Bulgaria, and whatever else life holds. Looking forward to reading about the journey! Vickie

Anonymous said...

Yeah! But who would have thought that I would have gotten married before you two......? Two weeks and she hasn't left me yet.

Beaver