Sunday, October 5, 2008

Coolest Bulgarian Ever Award

Although you might think it is a bit premature to give this out, seeing that we've been here only a wee bit more than a month, I am pretty sure that this guy deserves the award.



He is stationed at this exact spot every Saturday and Sunday (it is possible that he is here on weekdays too, but I have not yet been down in this area Monday-Friday). As far as I can tell his favorite things are:
  • leaning back in his small wooden chair
  • checking out scantily clad Bulgarian teens as they make their way from store to store
  • checking out scantily clad Bulgarian moms as they make their way from store to store
  • starting up a conversation with those few people who stop for a snack at a near-by snack stand
  • hanging out
Unfortunately I was a bit too hesitant to ask him if I could take a picture. I need to work on that if I want to improve my shots. This was a clandestine shot from about 25 meters away. But because he is always there I still have hope of getting the perfect close up.

No comments: